Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Guest NOTD: Sally Hansen Sequin Scandal (+ bm03)

Mom asked me to recommend a polish to match her outfit that she wore to the Ash Wednesday service - it was gold, and I thought I could match it but I couldn't - so I went dark instead & she liked my choice of Sally Hansen Sequin Scandal:
 

After a few days she wanted to change it up a bit with some shamrocks for St. Patrick's day - and I am SO PROUD of her.  I told her I would Konad her if she didn't wait too late, but she wanted it done right as I was finishing editing my latest tutorial, so I asked her if she wanted to do her own.  I was a little wary ... as you know there can be quite a learning curve for Konad.  But I sent her off with image plate bm03, stamper, scraper & China Glaze Passion, and after I while she came back to show me this:
 
 
Excellent placement!  Only using part of the stamp for most of her nails! And double-stamping on her thumbs!  All of her own initiative =)  A really good first konadicure.  Yay mom!  I am so proud of her LOL.  Thanks for reading.
 
~Colette

15 comments:

  1. great konadicure haha i guess im part of the learning curve my konadicures suck haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome nail color for her, and I love her nubbins! So cute! ^.^ Great job on the konad Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :D i bet your family were BORN with the curves of the konadicure :DDD

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could find this color, although it looks a lot like 212-Sephora minus flakies and glitter O_o That's a fantastic job of stamping especially for a first time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. awwwwwwww i let my mom use my konad stuff too! she loves it! and she's come up with some really cute age appropriate konadicures with it! its a fun thing for both of us to do together, ya know?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that color! Something about black on short nails really makes me happy :) Even though I have SUPER short nails all the time (they peel and break...ugh) I have long nail beds so they never look short and cute. Grrr.

    I'm getting a Konad set in the mail today or tomorrow; I'm so excited to try it!!!

    (First comment ever, yay!)

    Natalie
    www.artfire.com/users/bokehface

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful color...one of my favorites of the complete manicure line!

    Your mom did a great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mom did an awesome job! I adore the base color, it is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Mother did an amazing job with her manicure! This Sally Hansen reminds me of China Glaze's Wagon Train.

    ReplyDelete
  10. At first glance I thought you cut your nails. O.O But then I read the title...*whew* lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love seeing your NOTD, your long nails are gorgeous, but I gotta admit it was your MOM's manis that got me doing mine again. I do alot of different crafts many of which I use my hands for so I tend to keep my nails pretty short. Seeing all the great manis you and your mom have done inspired me! =D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Colette,

    I would like to know if there is a website where I can purchase icing's-blackout. I really love this polish. If you can advise please email me at- Arbeek@aol.com. Thanks, Terri

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks great! I don't even own any Konad (yet), but when I do, I hope I'm as good with my first "konadicure" :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love, love that color! I will have to get it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...