Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Hauls

So, I know I said I'd get this up yesterday, but ... well, I fell asleep LOL.  Usually if I do that when I wake up I'll stay up a few more hours but last night I just put on pajamas & went back to sleep.  Here's everything all laid out, with Frisky surveying the bounty:


The first few were from Sally's, buy 2 get 1 free plus one of the Sallys near me moved & sent out a $10.00 coupon for the new location:


Left to right:  China Glaze Solar Power (which I already used, in the Lava Lamp mani), Turned Up Turquoise (Neon) & Secret Peri-wink-le.

Next is Ulta, I had a coupon here too but I don't remember how much it was for:


Left to right:  from the Passport to Paradise collection, L'Oreal High Tide, Ocean Breeze & Waters Edge.  From the Salsa Sun collection, Maybelline La La Lime ... which is very close color-wise to Icing Jens Pick:


LLL has a hint of silvery shimmer that JP does not, but the base color looks almost identical in the bottle.  Sorry I don't have time to do a real comparison swatch, but if you can't find the secondary Salsa Sun display that LLL is part of, JP may be an acceptable solution.

In my search for Hidden Treasure, I ended up bringing a few other polishes home with me - this batch was from a Walgreens, Sinful Colors were buy 1 get 1 half off:


Left to right:  Revlon Minted, Sinful Colors Mint Apple, HD Nails, Let's Talk & Let Me Go.

A quick stop at a CVS:


Wet 'n' Wild Night Prowl (which I've been hunting for a couple months) & Rain Check.

An equally quick stop at Walgreens:


Sinful What's Your Name & Wet 'n' Wild Blackmail.  Both of these are much more interesting that the pics show, the sinful has this really pretty duo-chrome glitter in the black base, shifting between turquoise & purple.

And finally, FINALLY, my hard work & persistence paid off, at a Walgreens I normally have crap luck at.  Sally was buy 1 get 1 half off & this display also had some $1.00 off coupons:


From the Tracy Reese Spring 2010 display, Sally Hansen Silver Lining, Dive Depper, and Hidden Treasure x2.  From the core line, Thinking of Blue & Midnight in NY.

Happy as I was to finally track down Hidden Treasure, that display was missing Sea & Be Seen ... so my search continued.  The Walgreens near work was a miss, but as I was getting into my car I noticed this nail salon next door.  Hmmm ... I wandered in, & came out with 3 old black label OPIs:


I'd never heard of any of these so I have no idea if they're HTF?  Right to left:  My Fave Wave, Ocean Love Potion & Sun Streaked.

Finally, tracked down the last color I was really lemming for, at a Walgreens near my grandparent's house:


Sea And Be Seen & Ring My Shell.  One of the reasons I wanted S&BS was because from pics I thought it looked a lot like one of my favorite blues, Sephora by OPI Underwater Fantasy.  Turns out it's a bit darker but they are very close cousins:


Again, sorry I don't have time for an actual swatch comparison!  But I hope you all  enjoyed seeing my hauls. I think a no-buy may be in order now LOL.

Thanks for reading.

~Colette

8 comments:

  1. lucky you on the hidden treasure find x2 the walgreens in my town says they're getting the sh- hidden treasure on monday again so i'll be there plus its bogo 1/2 off. fingers crossed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. :-) I haven't really bought a lot lately. I have been on the hunt for Revlon's Minted but no luck yet. I'll keep looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. found it the hidden treasure got the last 2!!! bogo 1/2 off plus a buck offa each bottle :) who-hooo so i also picked up sea and be seen cuz i saw how bomb it was and the purple pulse boy am i one happy lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s gotta admit felt kinda fiendish but for a good thang

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just discovered your blog by accident when I had to google 'nail polish marble finish' or something like that.

    I think your beautiful designs and all the nailpolish might just turn a creative mind like mine into a new hobby.. I have to try these things! It's like art on a very small scale... COOL! Nice blog, by the way!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...