Saturday, November 21, 2009

NOTD: Water Marble w/ TTYL & DV8 + Tutorial

Yes, I said the "T" word, and I have my first (& very amateur) tutorial up. Remember, you all promised to be gentle with me while I work the learning curve. But I honestly don't think it turned out too badly for my first time.

First off, here are the pics, which I think do better justice to the finished manicure than some of the out-of-focus shots in the video. I didn't really think I needed a new camera until I started learning what mine's capabilities - or maybe I should say limitations -are when it comes to video. To quote directly from the manual "The focus & zoom settings remain fixed...at the values selected for the first frame." Which means no zooming in or refocusing midway through, which I'm already severely irritated with.

My left hand is still pretty short (especially since I cut down my ring & pinky to be more even), but I guess I must be used to it at this point because it looks more normal & I don't feel bad to let it start making a comeback. Especially as this mani deserves to be appreciated in many pictures, and I have several in most of my lighting. So, here's the finished product; China Glaze Liquid Leather as base color, and for the marbling from the OMG collection, TTYL & DV8:


And (drumroll please!!!), here is the tutorial =) Enjoy:



Like I said, amateurish, but I'm happy with it. I even managed to get a title & stuff added in with Windows Movie Maker - which prior to this I hadn't ever worked with. There will be more to come. Thanks for reading ... and watching =)

~Colette

20 comments:

  1. That is so cool!! I love the final result. I doubt I'll ever get around to trying marbling, but thank you for sharing your knowledge. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did great with the tutorial, I really like the desing too (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, awesome tutorial!! Now I'm convinced that I have to practise more of this :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so awesome! I love the video, it helps a lot. I do my nails a lot and I have never seen it done like that. I'm totally gonna try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. .
    This video turned out great!

    you did a good job showing and explaining everything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cool! You should be so proud, that is excellent for a first video! I was always intimidated to try that water marbling technique, but you made it look pretty easy (you explained and demonstrated it very well). I may try it now! Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a fantastic job. It was clear and easy to follow. Well done!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a great job on the tutorial Colette! You sounded quite comfortable and gave clear instructions. I look forward to more videos from you, you do some beautiful manicures :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WooHoo! Thanks for the tutorial! I will have to watch it at home (at work now). I'm sure it's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great video tutorial!! and what a cool, fun technique! I can't wait to try this. Thanks so much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent video. I'm so proud of you! You didn't hem and haw or stumble over your words. You sounded very natural and made this technique seem easy. Good tip about taping your nails. Love the whole manicure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. KATIE - Thanks & you're welcome=)

    S - Thank you =)

    AMABILE - Thanks, I hope you do =)

    LISA H - Thank you =)

    GILDEDANGEL - Thanks =)

    DEEZ NAILS - Thank you =) I was so nervous!

    ALLYOUDESIRE - You're welcome =)

    MICHELLE - Thanks! I hope you give it a try =)

    JODES - Thank you =)

    BLUEYEZ - Thanks, I'm so glad my nervousness didn't come through =)

    CONTESTS - I hope you enjoyed it =)

    BROOKE - Thanks & you're welcome

    LUCY - Thank you =) I did have a little cheat sheet with a few points I wanted to hit but I mostly went off the top of my head.

    ReplyDelete
  13. hello.. my daughter an i love your marble nails i think its beautiful and great for girl time fun with your nails.. but my daughter would like you to do a christmas color nails,, i know its red , green an white or maybe silver she would like you to do it please and thank you ..

    from Jaime and Nova

    ReplyDelete
  14. ACIDRAGON - thanks! I'll probably do some Christmas nails when we get a little closer to the holiday =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow .. this is really subtle. It looks like when you see car oil on the ground or a puddle of water. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. when i drag it. it sticks to the stick!!! how do u do it???!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. it come out as a big big glob on my finger
    ps
    i wrote this at 1:36 pm!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How do you take off the tiny drops of water that stay on the nail after you take it off the water?? It leaves marks that ruin the nail art!! :((

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...