Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Water Marble Tutorials (& More Pics)

So, I wanted to post up a few of the tutorials that helped me most with this whole water marbling thing. Since I'm talking about it, I might as well share a few more pics, it's certainly worthy =) And the sun made an appearance today, so I have some outside shots:


The first two are both from Tartofraises. The first is basic marbling technique, and the second shows the taping technique that makes this feasible on natural nails. I did exactly one finger without tape & it made such a ridiculous mess I'll never try that again.

Water Marble Manicure
French Manicure Water Marble

The 3rd is from YouTube, and just is a really pretty example:

Water Marble Tutorial

As I said before, this was fun & easier than I expected. Just experiment with different polish & you're bound to come up with something cool. Thanks for reading =)

~Colette

5 comments:

  1. This is so cool! Thanks for the tape tip. I saw marbling on you-tube and thought it was way too messy looking. But I think I'll try it know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colette, that is stunning! It looks super, super cool on your fingers. I'm horrid, I can barely do a Konad, but I want to give this a try anyway. Thanks for the tutorial links!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this look. I agree with Niki that it's a stunning look on you. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great water marble !!! and thank you very much to have written my blog link :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. CINDY - The tape makes a huge difference!

    NICOLOE - Thank you =) Marbling is almost easier thank Konad - it doesn't really matter where you stick your finger LOL

    LUCY - Thanks =)

    TARTOFRAISES - Thanks & you're welcome =) Your tutorials are always some of my favorites, you make it all look so easy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...